Friday 30 July 2021

Know your member – CS S Venkataramanan, City Union Bank, Kumbakonam- Black Belt holder in Karate.

 

1.         Tell us about your CS journey - your student life.

 

I enrolled CS-inter after completing my graduation in B.Com (Hons) from Delhi University. I passed out from ICSI - NIRC and later moved Chennai for MSOP (8th batch) and ROC training. Currently I am a member of SIRC region.

 

2.         When did you get attracted towards Karate?

 



I have a craze since school days when I joined & learned basics of “JUDO”. After a long gap, during 2013, I was fortunate to meet a great Master  Taashi T.R. Vinoth in Kumbakonam. He has trained over 500 black belts so far. Since then I am practicing till now.  I trained under him for four years and finally awarded my black belt in the year 2016 by respected Shihan Hussaini in Chennai.

 

I must mention here that he comes under the direct lineage of Shihan Hussaini who is well known to be the Founder & Father of Isshinryu Style of Karate in India who is active in this field for over 40 years.

 

3.         What are the important achievements/ awards that you have got in Karate?

 

I have a good number of victories in my credit in various District and National level championships conducted at Tanjore and Karaikal. Perhaps, the most important achievement I consider is to have balanced my life the way I ever wanted to since my schooldays. As participations in tournaments tests a Karateka’s ability to show cause his/ her skills, the real achievement lies in application of a Karateka’s discipline in every walk of life. That’s the real challenge.   

 

4.         Being a professional, how is it possible for you to manage both the profession and your passion (Karate)?

 

My profession starts at 9.30 a.m., and Passion at 5.00 a.m. Everyone has a passion for something or the other, the moment one realizes, there is no need to take out special time rather it will demand by itself. Karate applies in whatever we do. To be precise I am being managed by my Passion.       

           

5.         How knowing this art has helped your life?

 

The basic thing Karate teaches is discipline, then to listen, watch, speak and to respect others. I hope to have learnt the least from a vast ocean. Moreover, it develops self - discipline and a strong will. 

 

6.         Are you teaching this art to other students?

 

Yes, we have Kumbakonam Isshinryu Karate Association and being a member I teach to good number of Karatekas (student) of all age groups in and around Kumbakonam.

 

7.         Your thoughts about Kumbakonam where you stay?

 

Kumbakonam is a nice place to be in being the “Temple City of Tamilnadu”. I am born in Kumbakonam and brought up at Delhi. Destiny pulled me be back to this beautiful place.

 

8.         Any suggestions that you would like to share to CS members/ students on healthy lifestyle.

 

            “Eat what your body wants, Train to Sweat out toxins from the body and lastly do not ignore our rich tradition in all walks of life.”

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Xtra-curricular activities r vry much important and required in this hour.
    Professionally qualified especially CA, CMA, CS, CFA, Economist has 2 equally practice their xtra-curricular activity i.e., sweat nicely.
    This helps our creativity and such in-turn lead to find effective solutions in our professional front.

    ReplyDelete