Sunday 8 August 2021

CS Family- Interview with CS Sai Aditya and Cs Shobana

1. Kindly share your journey as a CS Student – where you studied and how long it took to complete the course

 CS Sai Aditya         

 Inspired from my cousin, Late Shri CS R Sudheendra Kumar, I have registered to the foundation course in 2004. I was one of the very few who were pursuing CS course in my native place ‘Nellore, Andhra Pradesh’. I still remember that some of my friends thought that I was studying Computer Science (CS). When I came for registration to Chennai, I really had no clue and I did not know Tamil language and I was very low on my English language. I really loved visiting to institute often and even used to do one day trip from Nellore to Chennai just to drop CC papers in the box kept at SIRC library. I had the opportunity to complete my training under Shri CS T Balasubramanian, who is one of the coolest personalities I have ever seen. Finally, I have completed CS final in the year 2007.

 CS Shobana

 I registered for CS in the Year 2011 immediately after completion of my graduation and completed the CS course in the Year 2015. Initially I had a doubt whether I am capable of doing CS or not because of language barrier. So I have appeared for only ‘One group’ in my first attempt. I have cleared that group in my first attempt. The success of examination raised confidence level in me. Taxation and Financial management were the toughest subjects for me which I cleared in my second attempt with the help of Shri CMA Bhaskar Swaminathan and Shri CA Mr. Rajasekaran R. I have to give special thanks to Shri CS Ms. Vasumathy V, my trainer, for guiding me from the day 1 to till now.




2. Where did you meet your spouse?

 CS Sai Aditya

 She is my relative and I met her in one of our relative family functions.

 CS Shobana

 He is my relative and I don’t remember our first meet as we know each other from our childhood. He was the one who pushed me to complete the CS Course. He was always there with me right from the registration to CS course.

 3. Kindly share about your family; is there any one in your family who has done CS or similar professional courses?

 CS Sai Aditya         

 My cousin Late Shri CS R Sudheendra Kumar, who also held qualifications from CMA and CIMA.

 My elder brother, Shri CS P Vijaya Saradhi.

 CS Shobana

 My elder sister Shri CA R Sreevidhya, all India Rank holder in CA Inter & Final. She is my first teacher and the one who is real inspiration for me to join CS.

 4. What are the positives and challenges in husband and wife being in the same profession?

 CS Sai Aditya & CS Shobana

 We really don’t discuss much on the professional matters at home. Whenever we have doubt, we seek each other’s help.

 Positive          : We understand each other’s work pressure easily and accordingly adjust.

 Challenges   : It’s tough to lie to each other about work.

 5. One of you is employed and the other is practicing; Is that a planned move. Tell us about your journey in corporate

 CS Sai Aditya         

 I have never thought of practicing ever since I joined this course. I always wanted to be in employment. I joined as an Assistant Company Secretary in 2008 and moved to a listed company as Company Secretary very next year. After that, I moved to Technology (IT) Sector Company to pursue my finance career along with Company Secretary Role. Thereafter, I haven’t turned back and I have got experience in various interesting areas throughout my last 13 years like Income Tax assessments, Transfer Pricing compliances, GST, Customs, SEZ/STPI, Financial Accounting etc.

 CS Shobana

 I never thought of doing practice as I always wanted to go for an employment. I was not able to continue my employment due to my maternity. Hence, I started up my own practice and slowly settling down.

 6. If there is an option for both of you to work in the same office – either in employment or in practice, would you take it?

  CS Sai Aditya

       200% I will be on the other side only. I can’t compete with her and I surrender.

 CS Shobana

 Big ‘No’.

 7. How do you think that the profession will grow in the coming years?

 CS Sai Aditya         

 We need to expand our horizons and guide our future generation to be subject matter expert not only in Companies Act but also in Income Tax, GST, Customs laws, HR laws and other corporate laws. Corporates should recruit qualified CS by considering subject matter expertise in various corporate laws but not for the sake of compliance to Companies Act.

 CS Shobana

 I echo the above and always wanted people to recognise that Company Secretaries can not only expertise in Secretarial compliances but also capable of becoming expert in other areas.

 

Interview by: CS Mohan Kumar, Past Chairman ICSI SIRC

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question No.6:

    Ha... Ha... Ha...
    Sec.188 - Related Party Transaction

    (4got 2 mention. jus nw noticed)

    ReplyDelete