Sunday 20 June 2021

Eulogy- Desikan

Desikan… what an irreparable loss to student community!  He died of Post covid complications after a prolonged battle today around 2 PM.

He was just 32 years old. He has achieved more than what a man who lives for 70 years can achieve. Had God given him a full life, the heights he would have reached would have been humongous.


He was a wonderful faculty and human being. Gentle, soft spoken and ever smiling.  Extremely knowledgeable in Company Law and very passionate about the profession. He started taking classes for students immediately after finishing CS and he proudly stated few years ago that he completed 10 years as a law faculty (He was just 30 years then!)

The best aspect about Desikan is the individual/ personal attention he gives to the students; analyzing their strength and mentoring them.

Passing a professional course is a tough task for many young minds and this is where Desikan played a great role. He gave them confidence, hand holding and personal guidance at every stage of their study. Today whats app is filled with many such students sharing how he inspired him/ her in their status. One of the student rightly mentioned that "He made students believe being a close friend to a celebrity". 

When CS syllabus was changed, he advised few students to voluntarily shift to New syllabus; his logic was very simple. Module 2 in old Syllabus had FM and Information Technology, which many struggled. He suggested that by shifting to new syllabus they can crack it quickly since Module 2 had law papers. His analysis was spot on and many succeeded in the next attempt.



He always expected the students to understand the law clearly and also they should excel in the exams.  He focused on both these aspects on the students. He ensured that students start gaining great interest over the law papers and he was very successful in that.  

There has been many interesting hearsays about Desikan. He locked himself for 2 days after Companies Act 2013 was introduced – to familiarize himself with the new sections and provisions.

His respect for his Guru Late Anantharaman is huge. He treated his Guru almost like God. He used to quote Lord Denning also many times. 


We had invited him to speak at SIRC and in Chennai West Study Circle on various occasions. He never missed any invitation and will accommodate his professional commitments/ classes and will speak in the Forums. As organizers, we used to tell that there will be a separate fan club/ attendees since Desikan is speaking, which is absolutely true. After every Members meeting where he addressed, lot of people who were his students and now a qualified CS used to wait for him and speak to him.




He last spoke in Chennai West Study Circle on April 10, 2021 and understand that it was the last physical meeting he addressed. That was the last time I met him. Never knew it !

Apart from profession he loved acting in Dummies Drama troupe as well. When I write film reviews in Facebook, he will suggest some very good movies and I have never missed the movies that he has recommended, since his taste and selection about movies was very good.


CS Family – column was regularly published and Desikan commented that we must write about me and daughter Sneha as well in it. I told him “When I am publishing this series, how can I write about myself"; Desikan was immediate to reply: I will write about you and your daughter. He could not write about us and Fate has made me to write this Eulogy about him.

His books are always best sellers and sought after by students. He will live in his writings/books even after his death.

Having lost his father at a very young age, he was brought up by his mother. He did not have siblings and is survived by his mother. Our heart goes to his mother and may God give strength to her to overcome this toughest period of her life.

Desikan- you will be remembered every day by thousands of your students and well wishers like me.

Rest in peace dear Desikan!


Written by: Cs Mohan Kumar, Company Secretary, Chennai


30 comments:

  1. Om Shanti 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really miss you sir no one replace your place .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deepest condolences to his family and friends.. rest in peace..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest in peace my dearest mentor. You will be ever remembered by us. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest in peace sir.. You will be always remembered for your work

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Guru. At loss of words to describe what we've lost. He inspired us and made us love Lord Denning, Sir Nani Palkhiwala, and many other judges who have written beautiful judgements. If not for him, I wouldn't have got an All India Rank, wouldn't have been passionate about what I do. He used to survive for days without sleep just to read different legislatures. Even foreign legislations were on his fingertips. I was always amazed by how can a person's brain decipher n store so many things. He will continue to live with us through the knowledge he shared n lives he inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really unbelievable today to hear that my guru is no more. He is the one who created law as passion in me... N made me understand and read... And analyse the law..... U will always be there in my law books .... Law references... In every Act I read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rest in peace sir 🙏🏻
    You brought my interest in law and the way you teach .
    Will really miss you 😞

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know him from 2004, from the time he enrolled for cwa classes in Egmore branch. Very humble person and none of the success went to his head. Was very proud of his achievements and not able to digest this news. May the almighty give his mom all the strength in this difficult situation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rip desikan sir we will miss you😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's unbelievable to hear that my guru is no more. It's bcoz of him that I'm one among this CS fraternity, otherwise law was always a tough subject. He made us learn the law with so much passion

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heart touching. . He will be remembered as a beautiful soul.. May he reach God's lotus feet 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heart touching. . He will be remembered as a beautiful soul.. May he reach God's lotus feet 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  15. We lost gem of person and jewel of institute. I pray the almighty to give enough strength to his family to pass through this difficult situation. Departed soul rest in peace ��

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rip my big brother. We really miss you so much. Just couldn't digest the fact that you are no more. You will always be remembered as Advocate, artist, tutor, author and what not? Your legacy will remain forever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it is really unbelievable to hear that my close friend is no more. Really missing those wonderful college days machi. You inspired me a lot with the way you approach things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. May his Soul Rest in Peace!He will be remembered forever by his loving Students... Heartfelt condolences to his family members.. May the good Lord console and comfort his family members... It's a great loss not only for his family but for all people...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too saddened by hearing the news....I use to tell all the batch of students about him...how was he in class XI and he changed in class XII and latter....reached very high profile....he update my on every moment of his success.....still I remember when started authoring books brought the first copy handed over in the Class Xii front of students....it's a proud moment...God is great...I thank God who gave me a wonderful student to teach in my teaching career... Only my prayer is may His soul rest in peace 🙏....

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is Rajakumar his teacher in Senior secondary school

    ReplyDelete
  21. 2day I read this blog & again those days ran within seconds in my mind.
    Mr.Desikan is a Philosopher and an out of the box thinker (Think Tank).
    He kindles curiosity and I was lucky 2 b 1 by his.
    He is a Nostradamus and suggested me 2 sit for British CS exams - he was right - I cleared.
    Sarcastically, I asked for Indian CS, he simply smiled - till now I do not know d meaning behind d smile.
    As d last stanza of Kanninunchiruthambhu pasuram confirms.... Lord Krsna took him back.
    That smile is still in my heart (Should be forever).

    Haribol !!!

    ReplyDelete