Friday 15 October 2021

Know your member CS Saravanan

 What is your native place? Where did you do your schooling and college?

I was born in Chandigarh (during my father’s stint at Indian Army), and I studied at various Army Schools across the country. My native place is Trichy and after my father’s retirement, we settled down at Trichy and I had completed my Engineering from Trichy. Subsequently I did my MBA from TSM.

How did you start your CS course and tell us your journey in passing the course.

From my MBA Campus placement, I started working with JWT as Business Consultant and thereon moved to Chairman’s office at MAC Group (SPIC, Sical, etc.). As part of the role, I was handing M&A transactions and I was reporting to the Chairman. During the responsibility, the interaction with CEOs and Board was very aspiring and the interest to pursue CS began. The Syllabus was very practically designed and I could relate it to the daily activities of my responsibility at Chairman’s Office.

During the course of study, we founded a Transaction Advisory firm and the understanding and interest grew further.

After finishing CS, did you start working in Secretarial side? Share us the experience as CS.

After finishing CS, I supported the organization on Secretarial side especially Transaction structuring. I was responsible for fund raising and Transaction planning. Knowledge as a CS helped me arrive at Corporate Structure formulation.




 How were you attracted towards fitness? When did this interest start?

I was a workaholic and during my early part of the career, I ignored physical activities due to work pressure. Even though I was physically fit in school and college, the work environment was so addictive, that I never bothered to exercise. The shock came with a Kidney Stone Stroke and it was followed by back pain and shoulder issues. This made me realize to spend time on physical activities. In 2009, I attended a Half Marathon at Chennai and the Event changed my fitness journey. I could see fitness enthusiasts of double my age, scaling miles effortlessly. Then I started my fitness journey more seriously. 

From there, there was no looking back, I joined Chennai Runners and started running more and became a Chapter coordinator and stated motivating my society and people around me into fitness. Today we do running event in my society, where at least 500 members participate and we organize events around my society, where 1000+ enthusiasts participate. This positive feedback made me spend more time as I was making a difference in the lifestyle of numerous beginners


What are the physical activities that you are doing on a regular basis?

Currently I focus on CrossFit Style of workouts, which is a holistic regimen with functional movement performed at high intensity. The workout programme comprises of Metabolic Conditioning, Olympic lifting and Gymnastics. Over the weekend I practice Endurance workout like Running.

 Understand you are doing certain training programmes related to Physical fitness; can you please share what you are doing in this regard?

We deliver fitness services at doorstep. Our team of trainers reaches out to fitness enthusiasts across Condominiums, Corporate Groups and Individuals and organizes Group Fitness Sessions like Yoga, Strengthening, Zumba and Running. At Corporate and Health Clubs, we manage the Gymnasium and fitness facilities. We also organise a lot of fitness events, which are fun and challenge-oriented to make the fitness routine enjoyable. Daily, more than 500+ people workout with us across 50+ locations in Chennai and Bangalore.

 Tell us about some big programmes where you took part

We strongly believe that human beings have immense potential to revive their health issues naturally without medicine, if right support on exercise and food is provided. We are working on arriving at a Programme that would help the recovery of various health issues like Diabetes, Cardiovascular diseases and  Cancer.

In an effort to bring down metabolic disorders in the society we organised a programme to Reverse Diabetes Naturally. It was a 50-day programme, where we helped people to move away from Medicine in a phased manner with support on food plan and exercise. We took the support of research experts from US and India (like Dr. Nandita Shah) to implement the programme and the programme was a good success as majority of them reversed their diabetic condition and reduced their medication to Zero. They are still doing good after 9 months of programme and inspiring others to follow.

In this Information overload age, finding the right information is challenging, so we support Corporate by delivering lectures and sessions on Fitness, which gives them a lot of awareness of right things to do to take care of their health in a holistic way naturally.

Which are the corporates who have appointed you for physical training?

We are providing fitness services at Reliance, FORD, IIT MRP, Caterpillar, Ericsson, Ashok Leyland, Intellect, Mahindra, Sheraton, Novotel and many more.

 What are your future plans?

We have extended our services to Bangalore and soon we plan to make the initiative pan India. We also plan to design programmes for children, who would be motivated to stay healthy from a younger age.

 

10. What would you advise for our CS fraternity on fitness?

CS fraternity has the ability to make greater change in the society as they are at the helm of the affairs of major Corporates. If the fraternity exhibits and radiates positive vibes not only from mind quotient but also exude highest fitness levels through their body, they can influence organizations to adopt healthy practices.

In order to achieve this, first we have to take care of our health seriously. Our work style is predominantly sedentary, so we need to incorporate more activities in our daily routine by improving quantity and quality of our movement. Natural food is also important to keep ourselves fit and it is a must to decrease the consumption of processed food.

Let’s not wait for health issues or shocks to begin our fitness journey and let’s not wait for an auspicious day or New Year to start the fitness journey, just begin now and try connecting with fit people around you and you will be fit in a short span of time. Start with fitness activities that you enjoy and which you can sustain. Keep progressing in smaller increments, if you are walking, start jogging, if you are jogging, start running, if you are running, start strength training and the journey is so beautiful that we can enjoy life and contribute to society energetically. Keep Inspiring.

1 comment:

  1. Tats really awsmm Mr. Saravanan! It's been very great of u mohan sir continuing the KYM section.

    ReplyDelete